WEDDINGS AT BEAUTIFUL PLACES
The HCT Chapels where you can be legally married are (with the tradition for the ceremony shown):
- Todmorden Unitarian Church, Yorkshire - Unitarian
- Walpole Old Chapel, Suffolk - United Reformed /Congregational
- Penrose, North Cornwall - Methodist
- St George's German Church, Aldgate, London - German Lutheran (English or German language)
- Biddlestone Chapel, Northumberland - Roman Catholic
- Cote Chapel, Oxfordshire - Baptist / United Reformed
- Wallasey Unitarian Church - Unitarian
Same Sex Marriages
Todmorden Unitarian Church is now registered for religious marriages in the Unitarian tradition between two men or between two women. Enquiries are welcome now.
After a civil ceremony we offer a fine venue for blessings, celebrations and handfastings after you complete your legal ceremony at a registry office, giving you the best of both worlds. Under UK law we cannot offer civil ceremonies at any of HCT buildings, as they are registered as places of worship.
Some Historic Chapels Trust buildings chapels are registered for religious marriages - see above. We offer marriages according to the tradition of the building and register your marriage on the spot, as in any church wedding.